Whether you want to travel away for your honeymoon, bachelor/bachelorette party, or even your wedding! The costs seem to be too high to even consider it! The average cost of a domestic flight in the US is $346.72, and this is without any luggage fees! Here’s what you have to do to get that price down!
Cheapest Days and Times to Buy
Can’t wait to book the flight? Try to at least wait 3.5 months before you go.
- Waiting can be your best friend. Booking at an average of 54 days before you go is shown to give buyers the best pricing options. Now, that is an average and based on the study from Cheap Air, your best window is between 3 weeks and 3.5 months out from your vacation date. However, you should keep an eye on the changes in prices and the days of the week.
- Best day to shop: The best time to book a flight in the U.S. is usually Tuesday at about 3 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Reason: Many airlines release weekly sales late Monday or early Tuesday and by mid-afternoon, competing airlines have matched the lowest prices to show up on the first page result.
Cheapest Days and Times to Fly
Don’t want to fly during the cheapest times? Try to at least fly one leg with them!
- Travel during inconvenient times. That would be when most people wouldn’t want to fly, overnight or during meal times.
- Cheapest days: The cheapest days to fly in the U.S. are Tuesdays, Wednesday, Saturdays. Midweek is typically best for any international flights.
Cheapest Locations to Fly by Month
None of these most affordable places to fly to are up your alley? Try looking for places near these you can drive to from here!
- Domestic: Los Angeles
- International: Melbourne
- Domestic: Honolulu
- International: Hong Kong
- Domestic: Flagstaff, Arizona
- International: Buenos Aires
- Domestic: Chicago
- International: Copenhagen
- Domestic: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- International: London
- Domestic: San Antonio, Texas
- International: Beijing
- Domestic: Boston
- International: Sydney
- Domestic: New York City
- International: Berlin
- Domestic: Orlando
- International: Rome, Italy
- Domestic: New Orleans
- International: Cape Town, South Africa
- Domestic: San Francisco
- International: Rio de Janiero
- Domestic: Las Vegas
- International: Frankfurt, Germany