So your best friend is getting married, he asks you to be his best man. Is that just a title? What do I need to do to be a “Best Man”? Am I now Kevin Hart in Wedding Ringer?
Here is everything you should know about being the best Best Man:
Plan an Epic Bachelor Party
This is one of your first responsibilities. You need to not only throw an epic Bachelor Party, but you need to make sure it is the party the groom wants. Not everyone is excited to hit the Las Vegas Strip, sometimes keeping it low key is exactly what your friend needs.
Some alternatives to Vegas:
- A ski trip to an end in the pub! You can spend the day skiing and riding (right here at our NH slopes!) then end the day in the pub (we have an amazing staff at the Sled Pub and live music on Friday and Saturday!).
- Racing cars can be a perfect thrill. New Hampshire Motor Speedway hold a true NASCAR Experience or you could head down to Massachusetts to F1 Boston to race in a Formula 1 car.
- Video games can be a perfectly relaxing day for the groom. Even if you don’t have a video game system, you can call Rolling Video Games of NH to come to your house with everything you need! Then you can order in some tasty treats for the food and call it a party.
- Road trip the weekend. Grab the groom and a few good friends and spend the weekend traveling around your area to find the best beaches or the greatest BBQ.
Pay Attention before the Wedding
You need to listen to not only the groom but the bride as well. Know when the suit fittings will be and make sure the rest of the groomsmen are aware they need to be there and will be there.
Know the timing of the ceremony by listening at the rehearsal. Make sure you know what needs to happen on the day and when, just in case!
Write the Best Speech
Thanks to The Knot, the have created the Best Man Speech Outline
- Have a killer opening line.
- Thank the other speakers.
- Congratulate the wedding couple.
- Compliment the bride.
- Make a joke about the groom.
- Read messages from guests who couldn’t make it, if there are any.
- Quote a few famous lines or a poem.
- Propose a toast.
Weddings should always be fun, so make sure to have fun yourself!